Monday 30 April 2012

Burger King, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

As a change from the recent entries where I have been fine-dining it up, we are in fast food territory for this blog. I finally decided to do the continental compare and contrast of Burger King, after LQ:ED's visit a few months back. It was Sunday afternoon in the busy shopping district of Causeway Bay and although it was the weekend, there was not much of a queue at the counter, maybe because I was there just after 12pm so was served quickly.

I went for their flagship Whopper burger and opted for the meal, so I got fries and a soft drink, to which I chose cream soda.
My order

Service was fairly fast as you would expect from this kind of establishment. There was a slight wait for the burger but not long enough to make a fuss about. There were three tables on the ground floor in this branch and more upstairs but as these were all free I sat myself down on the lower level. The table I sat at was clear but had some leftover crumbs on it.

I unwrapped my burger and it looked ok, and that is how it tasted. The beef patty did not seem particularly freshly cooked (it was cooked through though) but the accompanying salad in the burger was fine. The fries were warmer and tasted fine as well, with the roght amount of salt. An extra sachet of tomato ketchup could have been provided, though. My cream soda was fizzy and sweet to wash down my food.

There is nothing to complain about Burger King yet nothing to shout about either. It does the job in terms of providing a quick and convenient lunch, although on average more expensive than their golden-arched rival in this city.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 2/5

Overall: 10/20

Total Bill: $43 so about £3.60

I ate: Whopper Burger and Fries.

I drank: Cream Soda.

I wore: Jeans and tee-shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment