Friday 2 August 2013

The Wing, Hong Kong International Airport

I had a breakfast quest at the Cathay Pacific Lounge 'The Wing', whilst I waited for my flight with my wife. This was the first time I had been to this place, it is quite plush and was quite busy for a Saturday morning as it was a holiday weekend. It is a spacious place and we found our way to the noodle bar at first.

Like a bar in a pub there is a counter where one orders their food, which only had noodles on offer so I went for their Wonton noodle set. We were given a little buzzer after ordering that would alert you  when your food was ready so we found our seats first. Whist waiting I went to have a look at the buffet selection they had on offer and picked up some dim  sum, shown below. I took a couple of pieces of Siu Mai and Beef Dumpling each, along with some chilli sauce. These little meaty treats were a decent starter, although maybe a little too soft as they had probably been steaming away for a while.
Dim Sum Starter
The buzzer went and I went up to collect my main dish, which comprised of Wonton Noodles and Pan fried dumplings all presented in a compact tray. The egg noodles were cooked well and the shrimp filled wonton numbered about two or three. There was pak choi as well and the soup broth had a good flavour. The fried dumplings were fine.
Wonton Noodles & Fried Dumpling
As noted above this lounge is big and compartmented. After we finished the dim sum and noodles we made our way to the a designated cafe area for some tea.

This area also has a bar where one orders and I chose an English breakfast tea. This came in a very posh looking silver teapot with milk jug and cup and saucer. This was a nice way to end the breakfast and my only minor gripe would be that the tea was not served with leaves.
Tea
I enjoyed my time here; it is comfortable, has a wide range of food and drinks of good quality and if anyone has the chance to spend some time here I would recommend it.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 4/5

Overall: 14/20

Total Bill: Free with the plane ticket.

I ate: All the above.

I drank: Orange Juice, English Breakfast Tea.

I wore: Pink shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment