Thursday 25 July 2013

Hard Rock Cafe, Denarau, Nadi, Fiji

We were back again on the Pacific Rim (and back in time as this entry is from my Fiji trip over Easter). We were in Nadi for a short stopover and stayed in the Denarau area. We found a Hard Rock Cafe and so had lunch here as well as take an opportunity to make this a global compare and contrast review with the Lunchquest family.

As we entered we were greeted by a friendly waiter, who looked after us for the afternoon. We were given a drinks and food menu, were I chose to go for an adventurous Coke to drink to start off with. My wife went for a mocktail.
My Coke in the foreground, My wife's in the background

I decided to go for a British fish and chips for the food. I received two long portions of fish on top of chips, with a salad to the side. The fish was pretty golden colour on the outside and well cooked on the inside. The batter was crispy but taste wise I could not sense the Fiji Bitter used to make the batter. The chips were hot, medium sized but not too many, which was a shame as they were quite tasty. There was tartar sauce served with my dish but no brown sauce, although not surprising.

The salad was mainly strips of carrot and shredded red cabbage that was a decent accompaniment.

My wife went for Chicken Satay and gave me a couple of sticks, which are shown in the photograph. These were pleasant morsels of meat and not too spicy.
Fish & Chips (with a Satay Skewer from my wife's order)

The restaurant was clean and decked out with rock memorabilia, as expected. Service was attentive and efficient and our food arrived in a timely manner. Overall we had a nice time here.

I have been to the Hard Rock branch in my hometown before but not for some time now but it may be worth a return trip for a compare and contrast next time I am in Edinburgh!


Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5
Overall: 12/20


Total Bill: 100FJD, which was less than £20 a head.


I ate: Fiji Bitter Batter Fish & Chips.


I drank: Coke. 


I wore: Diesel Shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment