Friday 2 August 2013

Business Class, Cathay Pacific, South China Sea

Continuing the journey from the last blog entry, I am travelling Business Class on my flight to the Philippines, courtesy of using our frequent flyer points.

As my wife and I were travelling in the morning, we were served breakfast on this flight.


There was a menu that showed a choice of two main courses, with one being Western and the other Oriental. I picked the Western main course of omelette.


The tray was handed over to me first that had the starter items shown below. There was a yoghurt and fresh fruit. I also chose a croissant from their basket. There was a rolled cloth napkin with silver cutlery too, making a change from the plastic stuff given in economy class. The fruit of kiwi, melon, pineapple and water melon was good and ripe and I dressed it with the blueberry flavoured yoghurt. The croissant tasted soft and buttery and had a slight warmth to it.


Starter
The main course was served a little later, as if you are eating in a proper restaurant. The white ceramic dish contained omelette, with some bacon, sausage, potato and a ragout. The eggs were cooked well and the bacon and sausage were tasty too, with good flavour. I liked the potatoes the most, which were roasted with herbs and had a fluffiness on the inside.

Main Course
So the food on this flight was quite enjoyable and presented very smartly. Service was really good, evident from the crew making the effort to call you by your name. Needless to say my seat was comfortable and was able to recline to a flat bed if necessary, but that was not required for this early lunch quest. If you ever get the chance to go Cathay Pacific Business Class, I would wholly recommend it.

Scores: 
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Setting: 4/5

Overall: 14/20

Total Bill: Came with the plane ticket, which was free with Asia Miles.

I ate: All the above.

I drank: Water, English Breakfast Tea.

I wore: The same pink shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment