Tuesday 14 August 2012

Sesoko Beach, Okinawa, Japan

This was one of the many beaches we visited during the holiday in Okinawa. The sun was shining, sea was clean and marine life was moderately abundant.

There was a beachside restaurant serving fast food items and so I decided to go there for some food. It was the only establishment selling food so there was a long queue that I had to stand in before getting served. However, it meant that I had the time to decide on what to order.

As the menu was in Japanese I used pointing as means of communication and ordered what looked like fish and chips, which seemed like an apt meal to have when by the sea. It turned out to be chicken instead of fish, which was already made and kept warm by the counter so service was instant. I placed ketchup on it and returned to the beach to sit on the sand and share the meal with my wife.
Chicken and Chips
As the chicken had been cooked some time ago, the batter around the chicken pieces had lost its crispiness. The meat was cooked well enough. The chips were a lot tastier with some of the potato skin still on.

My meal did the task of filling me up adequately and that was it. It was not bad, even with plastic packaging and I can think of worse things to do than sitting on the beach in the sun after a morning's snorkelling.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 4/5

Overall: 12 /20

Total bill: ¥600, which is about £5.

I ate: Chicken and chips.

I wore: Swimming shorts, flip flops and not enough sun cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment