Wednesday 8 August 2012

Dragonair, Somewhere over the East China Sea

Hot on the heels of LQ Editor in Chief's lunch on board Turkish Airlines, I am on a Dragonair flight to Okinawa for a short holiday with my wife.

My flight departed at noon so lunch was served soon after take off. There was a choice of fish or pork and I chose the latter.

As I removed the foil lid from the main course I revealed three slices of pork belly, carrot, turnip and Chinese leaf. It was also accompanied with rice. The pork had a decent balance of meat and fat and was nice. I finished off the vegetables but left some of my rice as I had sufficient.

My in flight meal
There was a fruit side dish consisting of watermelon, melon and papaya slices, which brought a good end to my meal.

A bread roll with Lurpak butter was also included in the meal but I could not finish it off.

Apart from the foil lid everything else was in plastic, including the cutlery. However, that did not affect the taste as the lunch was fine enough fare to be served on a 2.5 hour journey. My economy seat was spacious enough and tray table was functional for the class I was in and the service was amiable from the air stewardesses.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 11/20

Total bill: Included in the flight price, which was about £350.

I ate: Pork belly with rice and vegetables, fruit slices and some bread.

I drank: Schweppes ginger ale and a cup of Chinese tea afterwards.

I wore: Jeans and t-shirt holiday wear.





No comments:

Post a Comment