Wednesday 15 August 2012

McDonald's, Naha, Japan

Having been stranded in Okinawa for a day due to a tropical storm, we had to stay overnight in Naha.

Our hotel tariff did not include breakfast so I decided to go the world famous Golden Arches for an early lunchquest.

The weather was still wet and windy that morning so luckily the restaurant was located nearby and my walk in the storm was not too long.

As I entered they had their menu board of items to choose from, which is pretty standard wherever you are in the world. There was nothing I noticed that seemed like a local variant so I opted for a Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin.

I ordered a meal and chose a hot tea and hash brown. After receiving my order I found a seat, of which there were plenty.
My Breakfast
The bun had the usual paper wrapping and unsurprisingly had a pleasant looking muffin with a sausage and egg filling and cheese slice. The sausage was slightly spicy, egg was thoroughly cooked and muffin was soft. The hash brown was hot and crunchy.

Sausage and Egg McMuffin
I actually ordered a lemon tea and was given a cup of hot water, tea bag and small carton of lemon juice, which was in lieu of real lemon slices. The drink was OK but I would have preferred the actual fruit to have come with it.

I usually have a sausage and egg muffin when breakfasting at McDonalds and this tasted no worse than from other branches around the world. Service and cleanliness was to the usual standard as well. Price wise I reckon this was on a par with UK. So that is another cross-country comparison of this global institute done!

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service:3 /5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 12 /20

Total bill: ¥440, about £3.75

I ate: Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin.

I drank: Lemon tea.

I wore: Slightly rain soaked t-shirt and cargo shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment