Wednesday 11 July 2012

Tepi Laut, Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort, Sabah, Malaysia

On our second full day of our stay at this Shangri-La resort, we had lunch by their swimming pool and ordered from the above restaurant, which is just next to the pool.


The seats are poolside sun loungers and tables are are small side-tables for placing items. The staff are by the poolside and easy to get their attention and provide very good service. We were given the menu first and they returned a few moments later to take our order.


I went for a very westernised burger and chose a lemonade to go with it.

My wife, whose birthday was that day, opted for just a portion of chips and a lime soda for her birthday lunch.

The food took a while to arrive and I even managed to doze off briefly.  Given I was lying on a sun lounger and having partaken in swimming in both the sea and pool earlier, it was not hard for my eyes to rest.

When my order arrived the plate contained my burger, which consisted of beef patty; bacon slice with melted cheese; lettuce; tomato; cucumber; gherkin; red onion and sesame seed bun. On the side was a very small pot of coleslaw and a bowl of chips.
My Burger and Chips
The burger tasted great, with a substantial patty of beef that was well cooked and the salad ingredients were fresh too, adding extra flavour. The bacon was beef as we were in Malaysian and cheese was melted on top. The chips were freshly made and piping hot and a good side dish. Only the coleslaw was the weak point of the meal.


The lemonade was freshly made and very refreshing on this hot day. It came with a small pot of syrup for you to adjust the sweetness to your liking. 


All in all a very satisfying lunch by the pool.

Scores: Food: 4/5 Presentation: 3/5 Service: 3/5 Setting: 4/5
Total: 14/20

Bill for my food: 52MYR, just over £10.

I ate: Classic Burger and French Fries

I drank: Fresh Lemonade

I wore:  Swimming Shorts, geographically challenged LA Dodgers baseball cap.


No comments:

Post a Comment