Tuesday 19 June 2012

Pizza Hut, Happy Valley, Hong Kong

This is an entry on a takeaway I ordered from Pizza Hut, a fairly well established chain of pizza restaurants. There is a branch that is takeaway and delivery only that is located on the bottom of my street.

I actually bought the takeaway a couple of nights before as I chose a set meal for two and ate the pizza and soft drink that night. This blog entry is on the remaining items of the meal; the soup and pasta that I had for Saturday lunch.

They are not leftovers as such as I did not eat them and had been placed in the fridge to keep fresh.

Part of the set meal consisted of tuna and sausage penne and chicken and mushroom soup. When purchased the soup and pasta came in the plastic and foil containers respectively. I transferred these to standard crockery as shown in the photograph below after reheating both dishes in the microwave.

From Left: Pasta and Soup
The soup had decent slices of button mushrooms and small cubes of chicken. It was fairly thick but could have done with a touch more seasoning.

My pasta dish had lots of sliced sausage but tuna was lacking a bit as it seemed to have got lost with the tomato sauce. The penne was still al dente after microwaving. Again some more seasoning would not have gone astray.

Both dishes were adequate and filled me up sufficiently for lunch. When you order takeaway only you only have to wait 15 minutes so some items have been probably been pre-prepared. Pizza Hut is a very convenient place for and this meal, whilst nothing extraordinary presents good value when including the pizza and fizzy drink I ate two nights previously.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service:3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 11/20

Total Bill: $138, about 5.50GBP a head for the whole 2 person meal.

I ate: Tuna & Sauage Penne.

I drank: Chicken & Mushroom Soup.


2 comments:

  1. Ow nice cooking item.I think this will be tasty one.

    Peachtree Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pasta and soup is a great combination. Yummy. Pizza hut meal is tasty.

    ReplyDelete