Tuesday 5 June 2012

Classified, Happy Valley, Hong Kong

I was here with my wife the day after my cousin's wedding on a Sunday and the place was probably 60% full at time that we arrived. It is a licensed restaurant that serves western cuisine and has a few branches dotted around the city.

Unfortunately they did not offer an afternoon tea set during the weekend as I wanted something light after the indulgences of the previous night, I therefore chose a Greek salad. To accompany it I ordered an Iced Lemon Tea as my drink.

My wife went for a sweet option and chose the coffee cake with a watermelon juice.

The drinks arrived first and mine was refreshing and cool with a small pot of syrup to adjust the drink to your desired sweetness. There was a mis-communication with my wife's drink however as they said it was freshly squeezed when she asked but turned out it was only fresh from the supplier. I have to say it reads only "fresh" on the menu.

Iced Lemon Tea on left, Watermelon Juice on right
The salad had the usual ingredients of lettuce, feta cheese, onion and olives. It also had cherry tomatoes as well as sliced tomatoes. All of these ingredients were dressed with olive oil and presented in a nice white plate with the letter "C" printed on it to stand for the name of this restaurant. With all the ingredients combined together the salad was fresh, nice and light.

Greek Salad
I had a bite of my wife's Coffee Cake, which had a decent sponge, tasted sweet and a hint of coffee flavouring that was not too strong.

Coffee Cake
Classified is not a bad place; it is clean and fairly new and the food was of good quality and nicely presented. The waiters were helpful and our orders arrived quickly. As with most places serving non- traditional food on this area, it is a bit more expensive than other eateries serving local cuisine. It does seem to have a large selection of wine and cheese that I may try to sample next time I visit.

Scores
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 12/20

Bill: Approximately £7 a head

I ate: Greek Salad.

I drank: Iced Lemon Tea





No comments:

Post a Comment