Sunday 4 December 2011

Cafe 21, Quarry Bay Hong Kong

For this entry, it is another sandwich at the desk. This time I went to Cafe 21, an eatery that is situated close to my office, but slightly hidden away as its on the ground floor of an office building. As you walk in they have shelving on the right that stores the sandwiches and other products, which strangely also includes Chinese vegetables.

I chose from their selection the Smoked Duck Breast and Salad sandwich. I also went for their soup of the day, which was clam chowder. The food was paid for and the soup quickly served and all contents packaged up in a paper takeaway bag with the usual Hong Kong efficiency. All the food came in plain white packaging and this shop even gave me a spoon for my soup (refer to Pret-a-Manger blog for non-appearance of soup intake implement).


Contents of my purchase
The sandwich was fine. Nice pieces of duck breast with standard lettuce and tomato as their salad (not a generous amount, though) in sliced white bread. Mayonnaise was the dressing, which was a nice, light accompaniment.

Smoked Duck Breast Sandwich & Clam Chowder
The Clam Chowder had a nice flavour with chopped onions still in the texture and which also contained actual clams.

Overall this cafe is an inoffensive place serving decent food and is on my usual rota of lunch venues. The food is not as good as Pret but a lot cheaper.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 11/20

Total Bill: HK$28, about 2.50GBP.

I ate: Smoked Duck Breast Sandwich (plus a packet of Barbecue flavoured crisps).

I drank: Clam Chowder.

I wore: Standard shirt & tie for the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment