Saturday 31 December 2011

Kentucky Fried Chicken, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong

My visit to Kentucky Fried Chicken happened a few weeks ago but I got sidetracked by going to other restaurants and going on holiday, so I had better post this before the turn of the year.

I went to a branch of KFC that is in the Festival Walk shopping mall. As a global chain they are popular in HK, probably more so then BK, but less than McD, I would say.

Anyway, enough with initials. It was a busy Sunday afternoon so with domestic helpers on their day off there was quite a lot of Indonesian or Filipino being spoken by the other patrons in the restaurant. However there were enough counters to be served quickly.

I ordered from their range the Flava Roast burger. This breaks from the norm of the fried chicken that they traditionally offer and is probably a healthier option. I went for the meal so supplemented my burger with a drink, choosing the localised ice lemon tea and a side dish.

For your side dish you get to choose from a selection instead of the usual fries / chips from its beef burger based competitors. There are at least five options and I went for 'E', Corn on the Cob.


My Order

Everything came wrapped in paper or plastic and laid on the plastic try. This branch has a large number if seats and I was able to find one quite easily but near the door.

Flava Roast Chicken Burger & Bacon
The chicken breast was cold and the bacon slice was not that warm either so maybe this burger had been prepared for a little while and resting away until I purchased it. There was some lettuce and a large slice of tomato. The cheese sauce and mayonnaise dressing tasted OK.

Corn on the Cob was warmer than the burger. It could have done with some butter (which it usually should come with but I forgot to ask).

My drink was cold and refreshing enough.

Ice Lemon Tea
So overall this was not 'finger lickin' good' but it did the job.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Scores:
Food: 2/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 10/20

Bill came to about less than 3GBP.

I ate: Chicken Flava Roast Chicken Burger with Bacon, Corn on the Cob

I drank: Ice Lemon Tea

I wore: Sunday best t-shirt and jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment