Friday 1 February 2013

Hungry Jacks, Sydney Airport, Australia

My early afternoon flight to Melbourne meant I had the opportunity to continue the compare and contrast of global branded restaurants at Sydney airport. This time I am at Hungry Jacks, the Australian arm of the Burger King chain.

The restaurant is located in the departures zone with other eateries. They have the usual items from the standard menu and I was going to go for a Whopper but instead opted for the Aussie burger seeing as where I was and that it looked substantially bigger than their flagship bun.

As I ordered the counter staff asked the obligatory question of if I wanted to make it a meal but I declined on the fries and ordered a Diet Coke with my burger. Cash was transacted and food arrived quite promptly, after which I found my seat.

My burger was put into a paper take away bag even though I was going to dine in the departures hall, so I was a little disappointed in not getting a plastic tray.

My Hungry Jacks Lunch
After unwrapping, the burger did not look too dissimilar from the menu picture. There were a lot of things packed into this burger, which included a big beef patty, bacon, egg, red onions, beetroot, lettuce and tomato. It all tasted quite nice (although the onions were quite strong) and like a burger from a gastro-pub. It was also very filling and my choice of not ordering chips was a correct one.

So my verdict is that this is not the cheapest Burger King but the Aussie Burger is the tastiest item from BK I have had around the globe.

Scores
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Total: 11/20

Total bill: AUD$9.70 about GBP£6.50.

I ate: Aussie burger.

I drank: Diet Coke

I wore: Rain jacket, as it was not sunny!



No comments:

Post a Comment