Friday 18 January 2013

Mos Burger, North Point, Hong Kong

This entry is a back to the norm in terms of eating times after the last few quests being taken after the midday period. It was an unexpected visit to Mos Burger as I was intending to go home for lunch but got too hungry trying to get home whist waiting for the usually efficient public transport system.

I went into hamburger restaurant to get a quick food fix. They are Japanese chain that started out in the 1970s and have branched out to other areas in East Asia.

Like most fast food eateries, patrons go to the counter to order, which I duly did and the necessary cash was handed over. I then found a seat, without too much trouble and waited not too long for my order to arrive.

I went for their Mos Cheese Burger and supplemented it with some fries and a drink, which, similar to most restaurants was bundled in a meal to provide more value for your money. It arrived on a plastic tray and the burger and fries came in a basket as well for added presentation. I was also given a sachet of ketchup and a plastic dish to place it in. My coke came in a paper cup.

My Order
Their signature is the thcik slice of tomato that from the photograph below seems thciker than the burger patty. The burger was OK, if a touch on the cool side, so may not have been freshly cooked. There was also a sweet relish that came with it, which was quite nice and the bread was quite soft. I think they know that eating their burger products could cause a bit of a mess so I quite like the cone shaped open wrapper to try to keep things tidier.

The fries were not particularly hot either and fairly standard.
Cheese Burger



The restaurant is fairly new so has a modem, clean look to it and has friendly and efficient staff.

The price is comparable to other fast food restaurants making Mos Burger an alternative to its American counterparts, given the standard-ness of its food.

As a final note, I will be extending the boundaries of my questing to Asia-pacific soon so watch this space!

Total bill: HK$39.30, about £3.50.

I ate: Mos Cheese Burger, Fries.

I drank: Coca-cola.

I wore: A pair of Y3 Sprint trainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment