Thursday 10 May 2012

Starbucks, Hong Kong Airport Express Station, Hong Kong

On Sunday I went to send my wife off on her business trip. She was taking a morning flight and so we were at the train station before seven so this is a really early lunchquest.

Although there were quite a few train users the cafe was not that busy at all this time in the morning. I am not much of a coffee person but they do sell teas and I opted for their Earl Grey, in a 'Tall' size. They had a decent selection of food on display from their counter but nothing really breakfasty. I did spot a croissant so chose that and decided to get something else so I ordered a scone. Both items were made hot by the assistant.

The tea was made first before the food. I was a bit disappointed it was not in a cup and saucer as I was dining in. My food came a few moments later after being warmed up and I proceeded to sit myself down in the many empty seats.
My Order
I was given a knife and fork with my food so decided to eat with these implements so save my hands getting dirty. The scone was of the blueberry variant and was a large one. There were no accompaniments such as cream or jam but it was tasty and moist enough not need them. The croissant was soft with flaky pastry and a hint of butter. I suspect both items are not baked on site but they were nice served warm.

The tea was hot at first, which is no bad thing, and flowery.

It was not the cheapest lunch (breakfast) quest for what I got but the food and drink are of decent quality. The decor is your standard Starbucks fit-out and I managed to get a comfortable leather seat due to the sparsity. The staff were amiable enough at this time of day.

Starbucks are fairly ubiquitous in this city and their numbers were probably growing the last time I was in my home town so I would expect a compare and contrast soon!

Scores
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 11/20

Total Bill: $50, just over 4GBP.

I ate: Blueberry Scone and Croissant.

I drank: Earl Grey Tea in a paper cup.

I wore: Trainers, with a rucksack containing another pair of trainers for the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment