Thursday 24 May 2012

My Flat, Happy Valley, Hong Kong

This entry is a break from the norm as the venue is my place, the chef and waitress was my wife and the meal was in the evening.

I was cooked a home made dinner last night prepared by the fair hands of my wife.

She cooked four dishes which are shown below.
My Dinner
Working from the top, that dish was Aubergine and Minced Pork. Traditionally this is cooked and served in a clay pot but we made do with a stainless steel pan. Also salted fish is usually added but there was not any in this. Instead there were chillies added instead to give it a spicy flavour. This was my favourite dish of the lot, with the mince and aubergine cooked to a lovely and soft texture.

Working clockwise is steamed crab. This was 'flower crab' (the literal translation) was cut into smaller pieces, which was then steamed with garlic and spring onion. This made a great finger food as you dip it in the red vinegar (centre of the picture).

At the bottom of the picture is a delicious Steamed Fish. Unfortunately I do not know the kind ('Chong Yu' is the phonetic translation from Cantonese) but it was a really meaty kind and covered in a lovely soy-oil dressing and garnished with plenty of spring onions.

Then on the left is stir fired Indian Lettuce, fried using garlic to give a lovely flavour and still crunchy.

This might be a biased review, but I think I am allowed to do this. Overall this was a perfect dinner and cannot fault it at all. Food was great and presented wonderfully. Service was brilliant and setting was top class too.

Scores:
Food: 5/5
Presentation: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Setting: 5/5

Total Bill: Nothing as my wife bought all the ingredients!

I ate: All of the above, accompanied with white rice.

I drank: Fruit Juice.

I wore: Office clothes still as I could not be bothered to get changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment