Saturday 1 October 2011

Ambassador Lounge, Singapore

Today I'm in the Ambassador Lounge, which is situated in Terminal 2 of Changi airport in Singapore, awaiting the second-leg flight of my journey to Abu Dhabi.

Now I know Singapore is about 2500kms away from Hong Kong but it's lunchtime here and too early in the morning to ask LQ Editor in Chief BKR how to write in the Roving Reporters site.

Back to the lunch. It's a buffet selection and I chose roast chicken, vegetable curry and chicken rice for my hot dish; and a green salad for my cold dish.

The three items I chose were the total that was on offer today. The chicken could have been a bit more tender but it came with a nice gravy. The vegetables were not that spicy but not that flavoursome either. Chicken rice is a popular southeast Asian dish where the rice is cooked with a chicken flavoured oil / sauce that makes it less bland than plain rice and the best of the three hot items i chose today.

The garden salad was lettuce and cherry tomatoes and a placed some pepper slices that were on offer and topped it off with a thousand island dressing. The ingredients tasted fresh so I got a decent portion of rabbit-food goodness.

All this was washed down with a glass of cold lemon tea from the drinks dispenser machine.

Once you enter the lounge everything is complimentary bar alcohol. I get free access to airport lounges as a perk from one of my credit cards so the total bill came to Free, a Scotsman's favourite price.

The setting is quiet, clean and nice as you're separated from the main departure lounge so a good place to stay when waiting for your flight. As it's a buffet a mark for the service is not applicable and I suppose presentation is governed by how I plated the food so I could unfairly give myself top marks.

So I'd give this place a C+ overall. Now onwards to Abu Dhabi!

Ps. As a brief breakfast quest review the morning meal on the plane from HK to SG was a pleasant enough dish of scrambled egg, chicken sausage, baked beans and tomato served with tea and UHT milk and a screening of Transformers 3.
Lunch of Roast Chicken, Vegetable Curry, Chicken Rice, Garden Salad & Lemon Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment