Saturday 20 April 2013

Air Vanuatu, Somewhere over the South Pacific

We had lunch on a plane as this journey took us on our second leg of our holiday to Vanuatu, with Air Vanuatu taking us from Nadi to Port Vila.

It is a short flight and we were on a small ATR 72-500 craft that was not full at all, unlike our trip from Hong Kong to Fiji. The seats were not that spacious but with the lack of passengers meant there was not such a claustrophobic feeling.

When we reached cruising height the friendly air crew handed out the food in a self contained plastic box, from which I proceeded to remove the lid and start eating. The contents are shown below.
My Meal
The main component of the meal was a wrap with chicken, cous cous and cheese. The wrap was fine and not dry wrapped the contents well; cous cous was filling; chicken was in edible small pieces and the cheese was a processed slice.

The citrus cake was really nice, for plane food. It was soft and not dry and had a good orangey lemony taste that was not sour.The lemon bon bon sweet was probably a bit more sour than the cake.

There were other items from the package that I did not eat, as I was full. These were the salted chips, a Red Gala apple from New Zealand and orange juice. So as not to be wasteful I took them away with me to eat later.

For drinks I decided to try the local alcoholic beverage and drank a Tusker beer, which was good. I also had a tea at the end of the meal, as well as water.

It was a slightly later departure than scheduled so we arrived into Port Vila later than expected but safely though, to continue enjoying our holiday in the South Pacific.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 11/20

Total Bill: Included in the flight ticket price.

I ate: Chicken Wrap, Citrus Cake, Lemon Bon Bon.

I drank: Vanuatu Tusker Premium Beer, Water, Tea.

I wore: Holiday shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment