Sunday 3 March 2013

Taco Chaca, Happy Valley, Hong Kong

Coming home from playing football I was in need to some food. Taco Chaca is only a few streets away from my flat so I popped in here to get a quick takeaway to refuel myself.

It is a newly opened eatery and has a take-away style look to it with a few benches so you can sit in. I was the only customer when I walked in and looked at their extensive menu of American-Mexican items that was above their counter and decided to go for a chicken burrito.

After choosing, money was exchanged and the assistant (of non Americas origin) started cooking. It did not take too long to cook and soon and I wandered back up to my flat to start eating.

The photograph below does not do the burrito much justice as the tortilla covers up all the contents. The flour tortilla was soft and wrapped the Mexican rice, refried beans, onions, small pieces of chicken and sour cream. There was some spice in it too. Although it did not look it when I unwrapped the packaging, the burrito was filling and tasty, with a good mix of flavours.
My Order
Also included in my order there was a little salsa pot, which was nice and chilli sauce dip for extra spice if necessary.

The burrito is a little bit light on the chicken and this basic meal order is a bit more expensive than other nearby restaurants serving local food. However this restaurant is quick, good and something different so worth returning too.

It is also interesting that they have a one dollar surcharge if you are taking away your order, maybe it is for the foil wrapper and plastic bag?

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 2/5

Total: 11/20

Bill: HK$63, about GBP£5.

I ate: A Burrito Pollo.

I drank: Nothing.

I wore: A rather sweaty Canterbury Crusaders top

No comments:

Post a Comment