Sunday 30 December 2012

208 Duecento Otto, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

I was at this Italian restaurant to celebrate the third birthday of my first cousin, once removed.

We had a large table in their upstairs floor as there were about ten of us. It is a very bright space because of the big glazed window at the front letting a lot of light in. The decor is modern and clean.

Each one of our dining party ordered an item or items for everyone to share and this is how we got on:

I chose gnocchi and salad from their menu. The gnocchi was mixed with a tomato and herb sauce but could have had a bit more flavour. Salad was a basic green one but nice fresh ingredients with a light and tasty dressing. 

My order of Gnocchi and Salad

There was a starter platter as well as a burger ordered by our lunchers, which are shown in the photographs below. The platter had a variety of hams that were nice and a very creamy goats cheese that was tasty as well as quite fattening. I did not try the burger but had a chip which were neatly cut into cuboid shapes.

Burger and Chips

Starter Platter in background
Mushroom pizza is not my favourite variety of pizza but I ate a slice nonetheless. It was served on a wooden board and had different varieties of mushroom and a thin crust so not too filling.

Mushroom Pizza

I also ordered a dessert, which is pictured below left and was an ice cream with some strawberry garnish. This was of vanilla flavour and nothing special about it. My wife ordered the chocolate molten cake which is shown on the right. I had a taste of it and it was nice, not too rich and the molten was not burn-your-tongue hot either.

Dessert

This is a family orientated restaurant as there is a children's playroom on the ground floor so this place is good for families and big parties. The food is fine, if nothing spectacular and is all presented well. Service was friendly but some of the multi-national staff could have better command of English, although they may have been better versed in Italian given the restaurant type we were in? Anyway, a decent time was had; whether I will return shall be seen.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service: 2/5
Setting: 4/5

Total: 12/20

Bill: Approximately HK$400 a head although we were treating some of the party.

I ate: A bit of everything from the above

I drank: Peroni beer and water

I wore: Respectable shirt and jeans.


No comments:

Post a Comment